The company was founded in 1903.It all started when Kamanosuke Ogasawara, three generations before the current representative director, Takayuki Ogasawara, became independent from Isesho and set up a workshop in Taihei-cho (today's Taihei).
Later, after the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, the company moved to Sumida-cho (present-day Sumida), creating the foundation for its current location.
Zenbei Ogasawara, the previous generation, succeeded him, and the company developed greatly after the war.
Our predecessor, Kenji Ogasawara, made the company a joint-stock corporation in 1964, and built a second factory in Kashiwa City in 1971.
In 2004, Takayuki Ogasawara assumed the position of Representative Director and has been in this position ever since.
- Name of Company
- Ogasawara Leather Co.
- 4-31-7, Sumida, Sumida-ku, Tokyo 1310031, Japan
- Phone：03-3611-6951 FAX：03-3616-6703
- Representative Director Takayuki Ogasawara
- Licenses and approvals
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Pollution Control Ordinance Approved Factory Approval Number 1681
- Member organizations
- Japan Tanners' Association,Japan Soft Leather Business Cooperative,Japan Leather Technology Association
- April 6, 1964
- Main banks
- Resona Bank,Asakusa Branch,Tokyo Higashi Shinkin Bank,Sumida Branch
- Main customers
- Kibi Sangyo Co.,Kyoshin El Co.,Shinsei Shoji Co.,Tatematsu Corporation,Nippi Fujita Corporation, etc.
- raw materials
- Lamb, Sheep, Kid, Goat, Deer, Calf, Kip
- Country of origin
- Spain, France, Greece, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, China, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Bangladesh, etc.
- Type of tanning
- Chrome-tanned leather, white-tanned leather, vegetable-tanned leather, etc.
- For shoe upholstery, handbags, garments, wallets and other accessories
- Product line
- Smooth, suede, nappa, shrink, water proof, nubuck, pull-up, foil, etc.